Belize is an independent democratic republic located on the East Coast of Central America, south of Mexico. Formerly British Honduras, Belize attained independence from Great Britain in 1981 and has enjoyed relative peace and stability since that time (unlike many countries in the region). With English as its official language and entrenched British based systems of law and Parliament, Belize has steadily risen in popularity as an Offshore Financial Centre over the course of the past fifteen or so years.
Key features and benefits include:
- Low Cost: Belize has one of the lowest annual government license fees of any Offshore Financial Centre.
- Political Independence: Whilst it has the advantages of being a former British colony (in that it has an English system of law and Parliament), Belize has avoided signing tax information sharing treaties with almost all of the big players (save for UK France & Australia) and is unlikely to change its stance given its Financial Services Industry is critical to the country’s GDP.
- Zero Tax: IBCs registered in Belize are not liable to pay tax on business profits locally and dividends can be remitted into and out of Belize tax free.
- Assured Privacy: There is no public register of Directors, Shareholders or Beneficial Owners in Belize.
- Nominees Permissible: Nominee Shareholders and Professional Directors are permissible in Belize and another Company can act as Nominee.
- Name Availability: There is a relatively wide choice of company names available in Belize compared with some competing jurisdictions.
Other features include:
- Minimal Paperwork – There is no requirement to file annual returns for Belize IBCs and no financial or business records need be kept at the Company’s registered office.
- Migratable – Belize recognizes that the modern market expects an IBC to be able to shift location quickly and easily and have enshrined this right in legislation.
- Good Communications – Belize is serviced by providers offering state-of-the-art technology in terms of telecom and internet communications.
- Bearer Shares are available although they must be retained by an approved intermediary.
- Flexibility – Only one Director and Shareholder is required and board meetings can be held anywhere in the world
At OCI we believe in giving you more for your money than would the average IBC formation service. Hence included in the incorporation package for your Belize IBC is the following:
- Unlimited name availability inquiries
- Advice from an experienced International Corporate Lawyer on how to structure your company
- Preparation (overseen by a lawyer) of application to incorporate the company
- Preparation (overseen by a lawyer) of the company’s memorandum of association
- Preparation (overseen by a lawyer) of the company’s articles of association
- Attending to filing incorporation request with the company registry
- Attending to payment of government filing fees
- One year’s Registered Agent service in the country of incorporation
- One year’s Registered Office service in the country of incorporation
- Mailing address in the country of incorporation
- Delivery of Incorp pack by international courier (ie DHL/Fedex/TNT etc)
- Unlimited free legal consultations for 12 months
Documents included in your Incorp pack:
- Certificate of incorporation
- 2 sealed/stamped copies of the company’s Memorandum of Association
- 2 sealed/stamped copies of the company’s Articles of Association
- Resolution appointing first director/s
- Resolution appointing first shareholder/s
- Up to 5 share certificates
- Resolution to open a bank account
- Resolution to rent an office
- Resolution/s to engage a Phone, Internet & Website service provider
- Resolution to hire a staff member/s
- Resolution to appoint a company lawyer
- Resolution to appoint a company accountant
- Resolution appointing you as the company’s authorised representative in commercial negotiations
- Resolution issuing a Power of Attorney in your favour
- Agreement authorising you to represent the company in commercial negotiations
- Power of attorney authorising you to sign documents on behalf of the company
- Register of directors
- Register of shareholders
- Expression of wishes (ie an “Offshore” Will)
- Lawyer authored User Guide (“How to Use Your Offshore Company”)
Price (all inclusive): $US1,000
With tax effective offshore company management (ie including Professional Corporate “Nominee” Director, Shareholder & Company Secretary): $US1,400
If you’d like to know more about Belize IBCs please Contact Us
If you’d like to order a Belize IBC Click Here
Please also check out our Package Deals
Every effort has been made to ensure that the details contained herein are correct and up-to-date, but this does not constitute legal or other professional advice. We do not accept any responsibility, legal or otherwise, for any error or omission.