Gibraltar has been a popular Offshore Company Formation centre for some time. A tiny self-governed British dependent territory with a population of just over 30,000 it is strategically situated at the southern tip of Europe and is linked to Spain by a narrow peninsular. Gibraltar enjoys a high degree of political and economic stability and boasts a well-respected financial services industry underpinned by a common law legal system based on English Law.
A Gibraltar non-resident company does not fall under the Gibraltar tax system and therefore is not required to register or file in Gibraltar for taxation purposes.
Key Features and Benefits Include:
- Zero Tax: Gibraltar companies are not liable to pay tax in Gibraltar on what they earn outside of Gibraltar and there is no Capital Gains Tax, Inheritance Tax, Wealth Tax, Capital Transfer Tax, VAT or Tax on savings and investment income in Gibraltar
- EU Friendly: Gibraltar is a member of the European Union, hence, for persons/companies looking to do business in Europe, this makes it an ideal place to incorporate
- Nominees Permissible: Although the names of Shareholders and Directors appear on the public record Nominee Directors and Nominee Directors are permissible in Gibraltar
- Legal certainty: Gibraltar, a former English colony, boats a common law legal system (based on British common law)
- Corporate Officers permissible: A company can be engaged to act as Director or Shareholder of a Gibraltar company and there is no requirement for the Director/s or Shareholder/s to be Gibraltar resident
- Politically stable: Gibraltar is a British dependent Territory and boasts a British style constitution and system of Parliament
- Easy to establish: Only one Director and one Shareholder is required and there is no minimum capital requirement. The Director and Shareholder can be of any nationality
- Low maintenance: Small Companies are exempt from having to file accounts and exempt from having to get accounts audited. A Gibraltar company is not required to keep records locally – if the company chooses to keep records they can be kept anywhere in the world.
Other Features Include:
- Account choices: With the reputation of Gibraltar as a responsible well regulated Financial Centre offshore accounts can be opened easily in most major centres European recognition: subject to certain restrictions, a Gibraltar company may be registered as a European company. This feature gives it certain additional recognition within other European states.
- Migratable: foreign companies may move their place of registration to Gibraltar, and Gibraltar companies may migrate to other jurisdictions
- Shares: Shares can be held in any currency and for any value.
- Share classes: shares may be ordinary or preference and different rights to dividends, redemption, liquidation proceeds and for voting may be attached to different classes of shares
- Flexibility: Members meetings must be held yearly but can be held anywhere in the world. Meetings of the Directors may be held worldwide. They may also be held by telephone or by electronic means
- Record keeping: a Gibraltar company must keep statutory registers in Gibraltar + the directors must keep accurate records of the company’s activities and present accounts to the shareholders. Audit may be waived.
- Low maintenance costs: No Government registration fees and low registry filing fees
(a) Gibraltar has a public register of Directors and Shareholders hence for maximum privacy you will want to include a Nominee Director and Nominee Shareholder as part of your Corporate structure.
(b) To avoid being taxed in Gibraltar management and control will need to be seen to be taking place outside of Gibraltar. Hence you will not want to utilise a local Gibraltar resident nominee director and instead deploy an Offshore (nil tax jurisdiction based) Nominee Director (which service we can also supply/arrange).
(c) Gibraltar Companies are required to file accounts/an annual return but you may avoid having to file accounts (save for an abridged balance sheet) and avoid having to get the accounts audited if you qualify for the small company exemption.
(d) All Gibraltar Companies must appoint a Gibraltar resident Company Secretary (which service we can/will also provide).
At OCI we believe in giving you more for your money than would the average IBC formation service. Hence included in the incorporation package for your Gibraltar Company is the following:
- Unlimited name availability inquiries
- Advice from an experienced International Corporate Lawyer on how to structure your company
- Preparation (overseen by a lawyer) of application to incorporate the company
- Preparation (overseen by a lawyer) of the company’s memorandum of association
- Preparation (overseen by a lawyer) of the company’s articles of association
- Attending to filing incorporation request with the company registry
- Attending to payment of government filing fees
- One year’s Registered Agent service in the country of incorporation
- One year’s Registered Office service in the country of incorporation
- Mailing address in the country of incorporation
- Delivery of Incorp pack by international courier (ie DHL/Fedex/TNT etc)
- Unlimited free legal consultations for 12 months
- Company Secretary
- Tax Identification number
Documents included in your In corp pack:
- Certificate of incorporation
- 2 sealed/stamped copies of the company’s Memorandum of Association
- 2 sealed/stamped copies of the company’s Articles of Association
- Resolution appointing first director/s
- Resolution appointing first shareholder/s
- Up to 5 share certificates
- Resolution to open a bank account
- Resolution to rent an office
- Resolution/s to engage a Phone, Internet & Website service provider
- Resolution to hire a staff member/s
- Resolution to appoint a company lawyer
- Resolution to appoint a company accountant
- Resolution appointing you as the company’s authorised representative in commercial negotiations
- Resolution issuing a Power of Attorney in your favour
- Agreement authorising you to represent the company in commercial negotiations
- Power of attorney authorising you to sign documents on behalf of the company
- Register of directors
- Register of shareholders
- Expression of wishes (ie an “Offshore” Will)
- Lawyer authored User Guide (“How to Use Your Offshore Company”)
Price (all inclusive): $US 1, 990
With tax effective offshore company management (ie including Professional Corporate “Nominee” Director, Shareholder & Company Secretary): $ 2,390
If you’d like to know more about Gibraltar company please Contact Us
If you’d like to order a Gibraltar company Click Here
Please also check out our Package Deals
Every effort has been made to ensure that the details contained herein are correct and up-to-date, but this does not constitute legal or other professional advice. We do not accept any responsibility, legal or otherwise, for any error or omission.