Dominica is an independent democratic republic located in the Eastern Caribbean Sea. It is possibly best known for its scuba diving and stunning nature reserves (60% of the island remains forested). A former British colony, Dominica gained independence from Great Britain in 1978 yet retains a parliamentary system of government based on the Westminster model. With English as its official language and an entrenched British based system of law Dominica has become increasingly popular as an International Offshore Financial Centre since the inception of its Offshore industry in 1996.
Key features and benefits include:
- Name Availability: As a relative newcomer in the International Financial Services Market there is a wide choice of available company names in Dominica.
- Political Independence: An independent member of the Commonwealth Dominica does not have any information sharing treaties with either the US, or any of the EU G9 members (Germany excepted) and is effectively immune from the challenges posed by the EU savings tax directive.
- Zero Tax: IBCs registered in Dominica are not liable to pay tax on business profits locally and the State guarantees this exemption for 20 years.
- Assured Privacy: There is no public register of Directors or Shareholders in Dominica.
- Nominees Permissible: Nominee Shareholders and Professional Directors are permissible in Dominica and another Company can act as Nominee.
- Bearer Shares permitted: Bearer shares are permitted in Dominica although they must be kept in safe custody at the company’s registered office.
- Asset Protection: The law in Dominica restricts the ability of foreign authorities to confiscate or seize assets owned by an IBC incorporated in Dominica.
Other features include:
- Minimal Paperwork – There is no requirement to file an annual return for an IBC registered in Dominica and no financial or business records need be kept at the Company’s registered office.
- Good Communications – Dominica is serviced by providers offering state of the art technology in terms of telecom and internet communications.
- Financial Stability – As a member of the Eastern Caribbean economic community Dominica boasts a stable currency and good balance of payments history.
- Flexibility – Only one Director and Shareholder is required and board meetings can be held anywhere in the world.
At OCI we believe in giving you more for your money than would the average IBC formation service. Hence included in the incorporation package for your Dominica IBC is the following:
- Unlimited name availability inquiries
- Advice from an experienced International Corporate Lawyer on how to structure your company
- Preparation (overseen by a lawyer) of application to incorporate the company
- Preparation (overseen by a lawyer) of the company’s memorandum of association
- Preparation (overseen by a lawyer) of the company’s articles of association
- Attending to filing incorporation request with the company registry
- Attending to payment of government filing fees
- One year’s Registered Agent service in the country of incorporation
- One year’s Registered Office service in the country of incorporation
- Mailing address in the country of incorporation
- Delivery of Incorp pack by international courier (ie DHL/Fedex/TNT etc)
- Unlimited free legal consultations for 12 months
Documents included in your Incorp pack:
- Certificate of incorporation
- 2 sealed/stamped copies of the company’s Memorandum of Association
- 2 sealed/stamped copies of the company’s Articles of Association
- Resolution appointing first director/s
- Resolution appointing first shareholder/s
- Up to 5 share certificates
- Resolution to open a bank account
- Resolution to rent an office
- Resolution/s to engage a Phone, Internet & Website service provider
- Resolution to hire a staff member/s
- Resolution to appoint a company lawyer
- Resolution to appoint a company accountant
- Resolution appointing you as the company’s authorised representative in commercial negotiations
- Resolution issuing a Power of Attorney in your favour
- Agreement authorising you to represent the company in commercial negotiations
- Power of attorney authorising you to sign documents on behalf of the company
- Register of directors
- Register of shareholders
- Expression of wishes (ie an “Offshore” Will)
- Lawyer authored User Guide (“How to Use Your Offshore Company”)
Price (all inclusive): $US1,000
With tax effective offshore company management (ie including Professional Corporate “Nominee” Director, Shareholder & Company Secretary): $US1,400
If you’d like to know more about Dominica IBCs please Contact Us
If you’d like to order a Dominica IBC Click Here
Please also check out our Package Deals
Every effort has been made to ensure that the details contained herein are correct and up-to-date, but this does not constitute legal or other professional advice. We do not accept any responsibility, legal or otherwise, for any error or omission