Australia is the envy of world financial markets having avoided the worst of the global financial crisis and having an enormous exposure to the industrialization of China and India. It has long been considered one of the premier places to do business in the Asia-Pacific region and is a major player in regional development and security issues.
Australia’s financial and political system provides a safe haven and a low-taxing business environment and is a prime access point to many of the region’s vast opportunities.
Key features and benefits include:
- Sound Legal System: Australia boasts a Common Law Legal (& British style court) system based on English Common Law.
- Access to China: Australia is a major gateway for investment into and out of China and South East Asia.
- Political Stability: Australia has a well-established system of democratic government and is considered very stable politically with low or no sovereign risk.
- Easy to establish: Only one Director and one Shareholder is required and there is no minimum capital requirement.
- Low maintenance: Australian private companies are required to record a minimum of publically available information and to pay a small annual government fee.
- Nominees Permissible: Although the names of Shareholders and Directors appear on the public record, nominee Shareholders are permissible and the nominee can also be another Company. The nominee would hold shares in trust for the beneficial owner.
- Prestige: Australia is a highly regarded brand name within the international financial services community.
- Discreet: Australia is not perceived as being an “offshore” jurisdiction.
- Flexibility: Australian private companies can own and operate a wide range of businesses as of right.
An Australian private company is also an excellent alternative to a partnership as it enables participants to limit their liability (whereas partners in a partnership remain jointly and severally liable for the debts of the partnership).
Other features include:
- Fast and simple: Speedy incorporation service and operating flexibility.
- Minimal Paperwork: There is no requirement to file annual returns or to have accounts audited for Australian private companies.
- Account choices: With Australia’s reputation as a responsible and well-regulated financial centre, offshore accounts can easily be opened in most major centres.
- Flexibility: Only one Director and Shareholder is required and meetings can be held anywhere in the world.
- Shares: May be issued at any face value.
- Share classes: Shares may be ordinary or preference and different rights to dividends, redemption, liquidation proceeds and for voting may be attached to different classes of shares.
- Record keeping: An Australian private company must keep statutory registers and the directors must keep accurate records of the company’s activities.
At OCI we believe in giving you more for your money than would the average Offshore Company formation service. Hence included in the registration package for your Australian Company is the following:
- Unlimited name availability inquiries
- Advice from an experienced International Corporate Lawyer on how to structure your company
- Preparation (overseen by a lawyer) of application to incorporate the company
- Preparation (overseen by a lawyer) of the company’s memorandum of association
- Preparation (overseen by a lawyer) of the company’s articles of association
- Attending to filing incorporation request with the company registry
- Attending to payment of government filing fees
- One year’s Registered Agent service in the country of incorporation
- One year’s Registered Office service in the country of incorporation
- Mailing address in the country of incorporation
- Delivery of Incorp pack by international courier (ie DHL/Fedex/TNT etc)
- Unlimited free legal consultations for 12 months
Documents included in your Incorp pack:
- Certificate of incorporation
- 2 sealed/stamped copies of the company’s Memorandum of Association
- 2 sealed/stamped copies of the company’s Articles of Association
- Resolution appointing first director/s
- Resolution appointing first shareholder/s
- Up to 5 share certificates
- Resolution to open a bank account
- Resolution appointing you as the company’s authorised representative in commercial negotiations
- Resolution issuing a Power of Attorney in your favour
- Agreement authorising you to represent the company in commercial negotiations
- Power of attorney authorising you to sign documents on behalf of the company
- Register of directors
- Register of shareholders
Price $US 1,500 (including all government application & filing fees)
With tax effective offshore company management (ie including Professional “Nominee” Director & Shareholder & Company Secretary): $2,250
Please also check out our Package Deals
Every effort has been made to ensure that the details contained herein are correct and up-to-date, but this does not constitute legal or other professional advice. We do not accept any responsibility, legal or otherwise, for any error or omission.