The twin islands of Nevis and St Kitts are an independent Commonwealth republic located in the Leeward Islands region of the Eastern Caribbean. Boasting a low crime rate and high literacy levels, Nevis has a well developed Financial Services sector relative to its size (population of just 40,000). A former British colony, St Kitts and Nevis gained independence from Great Britain in 1983 and retains a parliamentary democratic system of government based on the Westminster system. With English as its official language, good political stability and an English system of law and justice, St Kitts and Nevis remains a popular choice of jurisdiction for discerning Offshore investors.
The Key features and benefits of incorporating an IBC in St Kitts and Nevis are:
- Political Independence: As an independent member of the Commonwealth, the St Kitts and Nevis jurisdiction is not facing pressure to dilute its attractive privacy features.
- Zero Tax: IBCs registered in St Kitts and Nevis are not liable to pay taxes of any kind.
- Assured Privacy: There is no public register of Directors or Shareholders in St Kitts and Nevis.
- Nominees Permissible: Nominee Shareholders and Professional Directors are permissible in St Kitts and Nevis and another Company can act as Nominee.
- Bearer Shares permitted: Bearer shares are permitted in St Kitts and Nevis but must be held in safe custody by an approved trustee.
- Prompt registration: Companies in St Kitts and Nevis can usually be incorporated within 48 hours
Other features include:
- Minimal Paperwork – There is no requirement to file an annual return nor for audited accounts to be kept for St Kitts and Nevis Companies.
- Good Infrastructure – The government of St Kitts and Nevis has facilitated substantial investment in infrastructure over the years and communications are reliable.
- Financial Stability - As a member of the Eastern Caribbean economic community St Kitts and Nevis boasts a stable currency and no exchange control issues.
- Flexibility - Only one Director and Shareholder is required and board meetings can be held anywhere in the world.
At OCI we believe in giving you more for your money than would the average IBC formation service. Hence included in the incorporation package for your St Kitts & Nevis IBC is the following:
- Unlimited name availability inquiries
- Advice from an experienced International Corporate Lawyer on how to structure your company
- Preparation (overseen by a lawyer) of application to incorporate the company
- Preparation (overseen by a lawyer) of the company’s memorandum of association
- Preparation (overseen by a lawyer) of the company’s articles of association
- Attending to filing incorporation request with the company registry
- Attending to payment of government filing fees
- One year’s Registered Agent service in the country of incorporation
- One year’s Registered Office service in the country of incorporation
- Mailing address in the country of incorporation
- Delivery of Incorp pack by international courier (ie DHL/Fedex/TNT etc)
- Unlimited free legal consultations for 12 months
Documents included in your Incorp pack:
- Certificate of incorporation
- 2 sealed/stamped copies of the company’s Memorandum of Association
- 2 sealed/stamped copies of the company’s Articles of Association
- Resolution appointing first director/s
- Resolution appointing first shareholder/s
- Up to 5 share certificates
- Resolution to open a bank account
- Resolution to rent an office
- Resolution/s to engage a Phone, Internet & Website service provider
- Resolution to hire a staff member/s
- Resolution to appoint a company lawyer
- Resolution to appoint a company accountant
- Resolution appointing you as the company’s authorised representative in commercial negotiations
- Resolution issuing a Power of Attorney in your favour
- Agreement authorising you to represent the company in commercial negotiations
- Power of attorney authorising you to sign documents on behalf of the company
- Register of directors
- Register of shareholders
- Expression of wishes (ie an “Offshore” Will)
- Lawyer authored User Guide (“How to Use Your Offshore Company”)
Price (all inclusive): $US1,475
With tax effective offshore company management (ie including Professional Natural Person “Nominee” Director, Shareholder & Company Secretary): $US1,975
If you’d like to know more about St Kitts & Nevis IBCs please Contact Us
Every effort has been made to ensure that the details contained herein are correct and up-to-date, but this does not constitute legal or other professional advice. We do not accept any responsibility, legal or otherwise, for any error or omission.