Post registration a Foundation may issue a set of regulations. These Regulations (which are not publicly filed) usually:
- Set out the names of the Beneficiaries
- Set out the names of the Councillor/s
- Identify who (if anyone) is to be appointed as Protector and what his/her powers shall be
- Provide guidelines or rules for how Foundation assets are to be distributed
- Set out the proportion of Foundation Property or income to be distributed to each Beneficiary
- Set out what powers are to be reserved to the Founder
The Regulations may also set out the Foundations preferred investment strategies or business plan.