Investment Manager or Adviser Agreements

For most people it is important for legal reasons that their Trust or Foundation be, and be seen to be, managed and controlled from offshore. The person authorised to give and receive communications might therefore be appointed as an Adviser or Consultant to the Trustee/Council, charged with particular areas of responsibility. By doing this the Trustee/Council’s acceptance of the adviser’s instructions may be demonstrated to be actions taken in accordance with a corporate plan thereby avoiding any suggestion that the Trust or Foundation is just a sham (which can have tax/and/or legal consequences). At the end of the day Professional Trustees/Councillors make decisions based on information received from the entity’s managers, consultants and professional advisers.


As most jurisdictions’ Trust and Foundation laws usually allows the Trustee/Council to appoint an Investment adviser where we supply a Nominee Settlor or Founderwe can also supply you with an agreement enabling you to manage, or control the management of, the Trust/Foundation’s assets/investments.


For more information on how (or why or when) to use an Investment Manager or Adviser Agreement please Contact Us