How to make an Investment in the name of your IBC

We are often asked by clients How do I buy or make or place an investment using my Offshore Company?


(This article assumes that you’ve already set up an Offshore Company and that you’ve deployed a Nominee Director as part of your Corporate/legal structure).


The starting point here is that you would or should have been appointed, via a consultancy agreement/contract, as an authorised representative/agent of the Company.


Such an appointment, in effect, gives you (or should give you) the authority and the power to go shopping for investments on behalf of your IBC/Offshore Company.


Typically you would also have the power to negotiate the price of the investment and the terms of the purchase.


Once (ie acting as Agent for the company) you’ve reached agreement with the seller/investment provider as regards the price and terms of the investment:


  • You would make certain recommendations in writing to the Company Director ie to place XYZ investment. In short you’d need to explain what the particular investment/opportunity is that you’ve found and why you think/believe the particular investment/opportunity you’ve found is or would be a good investment for the company. Ideally, at the same time you would email the documents that need to be signed by the Company in order to proceed with the investment to your International Corporate Services Provider/the Company Director; and
  • Your Company would then call a Board meeting authorizing the Company to proceed with the transaction
  • The Company director would then sign the board resolution and the purchase documents.


NOTE: If you need to close the sale quickly the Board could provide you or your local Lawyer with a Limited/Specific Power of Attorney enabling you/your Lawyer to sign the Purchase/Sale Contract


Would you like to know more? Then please Contact Us:


DISCLAIMER: OCI is a Company/Trust/LLC/LP/Foundation Formation Agency. We are not tax advisers or legal advisers. You are advised to seek local legal/tax/financial advice in regards to your local reporting/tax requirements before committing to set up or use an Offshore Company or other entity.




Comments are closed.